Milton Keynes is an excellent place to live, work, run a business and develop property.
Here are just some of the reasons:
- exceptionally good connections to London, other major UK cities and international markets both by road, rail and air.
- the location for more than 400 head office and financial services organisations.
- Volkswagen, Santander, Deloitte, Dentons, Network Rail and Mercedes-Benz have chosen Milton Keynes to be their UK prime office location.
- workforce of more than 22,000 people with specialist skills across areas including financial services, law, accounting, management consultancy and business administration.
- overall workforce of some 167,000, significantly larger than almost all alternative London satellite locations that means security of labour supply for expanding companies.
- Milton Keynes offers employers significant savings on property and labour costs versus competitor UK locations, including -72% lower prime office rents than London.
- ambitious expansion plans being delivered by MKDP and other public and private land owners to accommodate the city’s growing population, which is projected to increase by 21% between 2016 and 2036.
- housebuilding in the city will average 2,422 new homes per year between 2016 and 2021, complemented by large-scale commercial construction and infrastructure development.
- unlike most UK cities, because it is still a relatively new location, Milton Keynes still has land suitable available that can be used for the required facilities.